What is alternative learning provision?
Alternative Provision is an education provision for students who are not accessing mainstream education for a variety of reasons.
- Is a strategy to avoid permanent exclusion for students and to encourage inclusion in education
- Recognises we are all individuals with different strengths and weaknesses and that mainstream education is not for everyone.
- Offers a different setting with a broader choice of subjects for student which may encourage attendance and engagement.
- Gives students a chance to engage in education while they are waiting for a school place to become available.
- Offers a more flexible and reduced curriculum for students to study subjects they enjoy and therefore achieve success