What is alternative learning provision?
Alternative provision is an education provision for students who are not accessing mainstream education for a variety of reasons.
- is a strategy to avoid permanent exclusion for pupils and to encourage inclusion in education
- recognises we are all individuals with different strengths and weaknesses and that mainstream education is not for everyone.
- offers a different setting with a broader choice of subjects for pupils which may encourage attendance and engagement.
- gives pupils a chance to engage in education while they are waiting for a school place to become available.
- offers a more flexible and reduced curriculum for students to study subjects they enjoy and therefore achieve success