Due to the Covid 19 restrictions placed on our establishment, we are currently unable to have visitors in the Centre, unless this is deemed necessary and arranged specifically by appointment.
A mask should be worn at all times, hands sanitised frequently and a social distance maintained. You should not enter the site if you have any Coronavirus symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has.
Welcome to Tower Learning Centre Independent School. We hope you will enjoy your time at our Centre. Our main priority is to ensure that everyone who visits is aware of their responsibilities towards making sure all young people are safe.
If you are visiting the Centre, you will be required to show some ID to reception staff if you are not known to them as part of our Safeguarding/Child Protection policy. Please have this ready when you arrive.
Visitors and contractors will be given a badge that they should wear and display at all times when on the Centre premises. A full Visitor guide can be downloaded here.
- Please ensure you are aware of the School’s Safeguarding Procedures including safer working practices, confidentiality and emergency procedures.
- Before helping in the School, all adults will have undertaken a DBS check appropriate to their role and will be asked to agree their acceptance of School polices at induction.
- You must never exchange personal contact details with a pupil or arrange to meet them outside of the School environment.
- The member of staff you are working with will be responsible for sharing other procedures and additional information specific to the context in which you will work.
- All matters relating to the School should remain confidential.
- If you hear the continuous sound of the fire alarm, please leave the building immediately by the nearest exit and assemble outside Aspinnals Electrical store. Do not re-enter unless you are told to do so by the designated Fire Marshall or Headteacher
- Please familiarise yourself with the nearest fire exits and ensure that any furniture or equipment used does not obscure them.
- In the unlikely event of an accident to an adult or child, please inform a member of staff immediately. Some staff are first aid trained and all accidents or ‘near misses’ must be reported. You may be asked to complete an accident report form and we would appreciate your co-operation in doing so.
- If you see or hear something that concerns you, then please speak to the Headteacher or Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
- Any safeguarding or child protection concerns should be immediately reported to a member of staff in the Centre who will locate the DSL.
The fire alarm is tested weekly on Monday at 8.30am.
Parking at the Centre
The School has no designated car park for visitors, but on the odd occasion spaces are available at the front of the building. There is ample parking available on Church Street at the road side, but please be aware there is a restriction of 1 hour currently in place.
There is ramp access across all of the ground floor of the School building. Should you require any assistance (especially in an emergency), please ask or make any specific needs known on arrival.
- The disabled/general toilet is located next to the kitchen on the ground floor. Adult toilets are located on the first floor at the top of the stairs.
- Tower Learning Centre independent School operates a non-smoking policy on any part of the School site.
Access to the Internet:
All users of the School ICT systems and Wi-Fi must comply with the Acceptable Use of ICT policy.
- The use of personal mobile phones is not permitted during the School day.
- Images must not be taken of any child or adult without the prior approval of the Headteacher and only then on a School device.
Data Storage Devices:
The use of data sticks, CDs etc. is not permitted. Visitors may use their own laptops with our projectors/e-screens by prior arrangement.
All adults in the School are expected to be an excellent role model to the children at all times.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers, visitors and outside agencies to share this commitment.
If you would like to share any comments after your visit, please contact the Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org